Yesterday, I listed some stocks that, had you invested $500 in them years back and held, would have increased your wealth exponentially. Of course, I was then asked, “What stocks can I do that with today?” Here is a list of five that I like:
- Tencent: In case you didn’t know this, China is the most populous country in the world. They will soon have a middle class that consists of 500 million people. It makes a great deal of sense to have some exposure to China in your investment portfolio, and one of the best ways – if not THE best way – is thru owning shares of the largest video gaming company in the world! Tencent is already a big company, worth half a trillion dollars. I think that it has the possibility to one day be worth multiple trillions of dollars. I firmly believe that this company can make you rich!
- The Trade Desk is a small digital advertising company with a market value of $1.4 billion. Trade Desk uses artificial intelligence (AI) to aggregate and analyze data from different websites in order to help companies improve their marketing.
- Match: My selection of Match.com may surprise some people…however, did you know that Match owns Tinder, OKCupid, and Plentyoffish? Tinder is the third highest grossing app in Apple’s App Store, behind Pandora and Netflix. The truth of the matter is online dating has been a huge trend and will continue in the future.
- Activision Blizzard: It may be hard for non-gamers to believe this, but the gaming industry is HUMONGOUS. One of the major players is Activision Blizzard. Although the company has been one of the best investments over the last 20 years, the next 20 years look absolutely just as bright! Esports, which are organized video game tournaments, are on track to be an absolutely colossal moneymaker for Activision Blizzard.
- Roku is a small company with a market value of under a billion dollars. Roku is the fastest growing streaming platform in the United States. Streaming video on demand is obviously the direction the world is moving toward, as evidenced by the phenomenal success of Netflix. Roku has the platform that could eventually make it the dominant streaming video company.
If you’re just getting started or you’re looking to add to your portfolio, these five companies are ones you may want to watch!
If you haven’t checked out my ebook yet, head over to Amazon. And please, please, share your thoughts and questions in the comments!
Click the image of the book at left to be taken to its Amazon page. (Disclosure: As a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, I earn a small commission on each sale generated through these links.)