Over the next few weeks, I will cover a few companies from some of the most explosive emerging technologies that exist today.
Let’s start with artificial intelligence (AI) or more specifically, deep learning.
Here are ten companies to follow:
1. Nvidia (NASDAQ: NVDA) Unless you’re into gaming, this is probably a company you’ve never heard of. Nvidia makes chips that make the graphics in a video game look realistic. A few years ago, it was discovered that the same chips that make these tremendous graphics can also be used in deep learning.
2. Alphabet (NASDAQ: GOOGL) The parent company of Google has been using AI for years. Over the past year, Google has transformed from a search company to an AI company.
3. Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) Alexa, Alexa, Alexa. CEO Jeff Bezos said of AI in 2016, “It’s hard to overstate how big of an impact it’s going to have on society over the next 20 years.” He calls it an AI renaissance.
4. Facebook (NASDAQ: FB) Facebook has accumulated a massive amount of data over the years. Only Google, and maybe Amazon, can rival Facebook in terms of data. AI will give Facebook the ability to use the data they have to improve the customer experience on their platforms.
5. Tencent (NASDAQ: TCEHY) The largest gaming company in the world you never heard of.
6. iRobot (NASDAQ: IRBT) Maker of the Roomba, which was the most popular vacuum cleaner in America last year.
7. Splunk (NASDAQ: SPLK) Helps large companies make sense of all the data they’ve accumulated.
8. Iqiyi (NASDAQ: IQ) This is a Chinese company, and one of the hottest IPOs this year. It is often referred to as the “Netflix of China”.
9. Cognex (NASDAQ: CGNX) A leader in industrial robots. We are in the beginning stages of an explosion in robotics; Cognex will be one of the leaders in this area.
10. The Trade Desk (NASDAQ: TTD) There is a shift in advertising from TV to digital platforms. The Trade Desk helps to create targeted ads, which are more effective than traditional ads and have far greater reach.
I feel that any of these companies would be a good choice to invest in. If you would like to learn how to get started as an investor, please pick up a copy of my guide, The Stock Market is For Everyone, or for personalized assistance, check out The Wealthy Joe Investing Club.
Disclaimer/Disclosure Statement: Information in this article is not intended to be a recommendation to invest in any stock. Rather, it is presented for readers’ education and consideration when making their own investment decisions. The author is long Nvidia and Facebook. Wealthy Joe Investing owns shares of The Trade Desk.