Good morning, friends.
When the sentiment in the market turns negative, it can be a very scary place for investors. When stocks fall, they tend to go down far faster than they went up. The momentum is so swift that it makes it hard to pull the trigger and buy.
If you’re looking for ideas, though, here are five stocks that have held up pretty well throughout this sell off. These are not recommendations to go out and buy…however, they are definitely worth considering in this volatile market.
- PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is down just 9% after reporting better than expected earnings last week.
- Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM): The software-as-a-service (SAAS) pioneer is down just 11%.
- Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT), a leader in cybersecurity, is down 12%.
- Adobe (NASDAQ: ADBE): The cloud computing king is down a measly 9%.
- BioMarin (NASDAQ: BMRN), a midcap biotechnology company, is only off 3% from its all time high.
Stay the course.
My book, The Stock Market is For Everyone, is a short guide for the beginning, inexperienced investor that is easy to understand and can be put into action immediately.
Click here to be taken to its Amazon page.
(Disclosure: As a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, I earn a small commission on each sale generated through these links.)