Sometimes the best investments are companies whose goods or services we use regularly.
Here are five companies I bet you didn’t know are publicly traded…
1. Tootsie Roll Industries (NYSE: TR)
Yep, you can own shares in one of the most iconic candy brands of all time! Tootsie Roll Industries has been around for decades – and believe it or not, they are still thriving. You might remember some of their most popular brands like Blow Pops, Dots, and Junior Mints.
2. Nathan’s Famous (NASDAQ: NATH)
In 2000, in the midst of the dot-com bubble, stood a $2 stock called Nathan’s Famous Hot Dogs. Over the next 19 years that stock price would go up 100 times in value, turning a $1000 investment into $100,000.
3. Dave & Buster’s Entertainment (NASDAQ: PLAY)
The indoor entertainment center for families. At Dave & Buster’s you can play, eat and drink all in the same location.
4. Canada Goose Holdings (NYSE: GOOS)
I don’t know about you, but this past winter I’ve seen more and more Canada Goose coats every day. Instead of dropping $600 on a coat, maybe you should take that money and buy some Canada Goose stock! In the long run, that maybe more profitable!
5. Burlington Stores (NYSE: BURL) I have to admit something. I have shopped at Burlington for years and dreaded doing so because the lines are always long. It never occurred to me, despite the store being so busy all of the time, to inquire about buying shares of the company!
I wish I had. Because since 2014, Burlington Stores is up 600%. Those returns crushed the mighty Google over the same time period!
My book, The Stock Market is For Everyone, is a short guide for the beginning, inexperienced investor that is easy to understand and can be put into action immediately.
Click the image of the book at left to be taken to its Amazon page. (Disclosure: As a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, I earn a small commission on each sale generated through these links.)