If you’ve followed Wealthy Joe Investing, you know that I’m a big believer in disruptive innovation.
I believe we are in the beginning stages of a huge technology boom.
Catherine Wood, the founder of Ark Invest, has identified nine transformative technology platforms:
4. Next-generation DNA sequencing
5. Battery cost tipping point
6. Autonomous taxi networks
7. CRISPR for human therapeutics
9. 3D printing
Trying to identify one stock that may be a winner in any one of these trends would be very difficult. ARK ETFs (exchange-traded funds) allow you to participate without having to select one winner. The ETFs are comprised of leaders in each technological area.
Here is a list of ARK’s ETFs, with brief information on the platforms on which they focus. Click on the link for each fund if you’re interested in reading more detailed information on ARK’s website.
- Ark Innovation ETF (ARKK): DNA technologies; energy, automation and manufacturing; shared technology, infrastructure and services; technologies that make financial services more efficient.
- Industrial Innovation ETF (ARKQ): Autonomous transportation; robotics and automation; 3D printing; energy storage; space exploration.
- Web x.0 ETF (ARKW): Cloud computing & cyber security; e-commerce; big data & artificial intelligence (AI); mobile technology and Internet of Things; social platforms; blockchain & peer-to-peer (P2P).
- Genomic Revolution ETF (ARKG): CRISPR; targeted therapeutics; bioinformatics, molecular diagnostics; stem cells; agricultural biology.
- Fintech Innovation ETF (ARKF): Transaction innovations; blockchain technology; risk transformation; frictionless funding platforms; customer facing platforms; new intermediaries.
- 3D Printing ETF (PRNT): An indexed fund designed to correspond to the performance of the Total 3D-Printing Index.
Disclaimer/Disclosure Statement: Information in this article is not intended to be a recommendation to invest in any stock. Rather, it is presented for readers’ education and consideration when making their own investment decisions. The author has no position in any of the funds mentioned.
My book, The Stock Market is For Everyone, is a short guide for the beginning, inexperienced investor that is easy to understand and can be put into action immediately.
Click here to be taken to its Amazon page.
(Disclosure: As a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, I earn a small commission on each sale generated through these links.)