As some of you may know, I currently have a day job.
My job is to help displaced individuals find employment. I don’t help them find their dream job…my purpose is to help them find a job.
Yesterday, I met two young adults, back to back, each wearing a pair of sneakers called Yeezys.
In case you don’t know, Yeezys are sneakers made and marketed by Kanye West. They retail for $250 – for the lucky few that can find them. The demand for these sneakers is so high that you will most likely have to pay a lot more than $250 for them.
On the secondary market, these sneakers are flipped to people like the two candidates I saw today for $450 a pair. When I learned this, I almost fell out of my chair!
To make matters worse, these are individuals at the lower end of the pay scale. My interaction with these individuals inspired me to write this post.
If you are planning on buying a pair of $450 sneakers, let me give you ten stock ideas to buy instead that can pay off big time in five to ten years…
1. Illumina (NASDAQ: ILMN): the gene sequencing giant.
2. Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU): the over the top (OTT) operating system for streaming video.
3. Apple (NASDAQ: APPL): the most valuable company in the world.
4. Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA): the pioneer of the electric car movement.
5. Nvidia (NASDAQ: NVDA): the leader in artificial intelligence (AI). Has its hand in every major technology platform in the future.
6. The Trade Desk (NASDAQ: TTD): a pioneer in digital advertising.
7. NIKE (NYSE: NKE): one of the most recognized brands in the world.
8. Lululemon (NASDAQ: LULU): maybe the most innovative company in apparel.
9. MasterCard (NYSE: MA): one of the dominant players in digital payments.
10. Facebook (NASDAQ: FB): whether you love Facebook or hate it, it and Google have a duopoly on digital marketing – and that dominance is not going away any time soon.
My book, The Stock Market is For Everyone, is a short guide for the beginning, inexperienced investor that is easy to understand and can be put into action immediately.
Click the image of the book at left to be taken to its Amazon page. (Disclosure: As a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, I earn a small commission on each sale generated through these links.)